Areas of Expertise:
- Instructional Design and Curriculum Development
- Online Learning and Distance Education
- Asynchronous Discussions
- Peer Dialogue
- Ph.D., Capella University
- M.S., Capella University
- B.A., Oglethorpe University
- How Cognitive Requirement of Prompt and Time in Course are Correlated with Intersubjectivity within Threaded Discussions
- Intersubjectivity and discussion characteristics in online courses. Quarterly Review of Distance Education (2017).
- Intersubjectivity in theoretical and practical online courses. Quarterly Review of Distance Education (2015).
- An analysis of faculty promotion of critical thinking and peer interaction within threaded discussions. Online Learning (2015).
- Designing collaborative activities to promote understanding and problem solving. International Journal of e-Collaboration (2014).
- Cultivating substantive peer interaction in online human service courses. Journal of Human Services (2014).
Selected Professional Experience:
- Higher education administrator, program chair, and professor
- Online program quality consultant
- Master trainer and facilitator
- Editorial board member and peer reviewer
- Executive director of human services nonprofit