National University and Northcentral University have merged. Learn more.
Request Info

State Regulatory Information

In compliance with United States Department of Education State Authorization Regulation in Section 600.9 Program Integrity Rule, Northcentral University has made a “good faith effort” in pursuing state authorization from all states and territories within the U.S. Northcentral University will continue to monitor developments in state laws in each state in which it enrolls students, and, if authorization or licensure is or becomes necessary, will obtain such additional approvals.

Northcentral University is formally licensed, registered or authorized in the following states:

Alabama Commission on Higher Education
P.O. Box 3020000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000
(334) 242-1988

Alabama Community College System
P.O. Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130-2130
(234) 293-4651

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education1740 W. Adams, Suite 3008
Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 542-5709

Arkansas Department of Higher Education
423 Main Street, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72201
(501) 371-2060

Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board certification does not constitute an endorsement of any institution, course or degree program. Such certification merely indicates that certain minimum standards have been met under the rules and regulations of institutional certification as defined in Arkansas Code §6-61-301.

Transfer of Course/Degree Credit to Other Institutions
The student should be aware that these degree programs may not transfer. The transfer of course/degree credit is determined by the receiving institution.

Connecticut Office of Higher Education
450 Columbus Blvd, Suite 707
Hartford, CT 06103-1841
(860) 947-1800

Delaware Department of Education
Townsend Building
401 Federal Street Suite 2
Dover, Delaware 19901-3639

District of Columbia
Higher Education Licensure Commission
1050 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
(202) 727-6436
TTY: 711

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC)
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084

Indiana Board for Proprietary Education
Northcentral University is authorized by the Indiana Board for Proprietary Education
101 W. Ohio St., Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1984

Iowa College Student Aid Commission
475 SW Fifth St., Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309
(877) 272-4456

Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
(785) 430-4240

Louisiana Board of Regents
P.O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677
(225) 342-4253

Maryland Higher Education Commission
Northcentral University is registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission as an out-of-state online educational institution for all programs. The college catalog outlines the process for filing and resolution of student complaints. In addition, Northcentral University is subject to investigation of complaints by the Office of the Attorney General of the Maryland Higher Education Commission.

The Maryland Higher Education Commission can be contacted at:

Maryland Higher Education Commission

6 North Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone 410-767-3301

Complaints should be directed to:

Maryland Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
200 St. Paul St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
888-743-0823 (toll free)

Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
(651) 642-0533

Northcentral University is registered with the office pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions. In addition, all registered schools shall publish in the school catalog or student handbook the name, street address, telephone number, and Web site address of the office.

Montana Board of Regents
560 N. Park Ave; P.O. Box 203201
Helena, MT 59620-3201
(406) 449-9124

Northcentral University is authorized to offer post-secondary degree programs in the State of Montana.

New Hampshire Department of Education
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301

New Mexico Higher Education Department
2044 Galisteo St #4, Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 476-8400

New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 981-EBA
Albany, New York 12234
(518) 473-2998
(518) 402-5940

North Carolina
University of North Carolina
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 962-4558

Northcentral University’s approved programs with practicum/internship components are: Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Doctor of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy, Doctor of Marriage and Family Therapy, Master of Science in Forensic Psychology, Master of Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology, Master of Science in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Master of Science in Health Psychology, Master of Social Work, and the Master of Science in Educational Psychology.

NCU’s tuition guaranty bond is on file with the Board of Governors and may be viewed by contacting the Legal Affairs department at Northcentral University via email at

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints The University of North Carolina System Offices
c/o Student Complaints
910 Raleigh Road; Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688 (919) 962-4558
Web Site:

Ohio Board of Regents
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 466-6000

Northcentral University is only required to seek approval for programs with a practicum/internship or clinical placement. The following programs are approved by the Ohio Board of Regents: Master of Art in Marriage and Family Therapy, Doctor of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy; Doctorate of Marriage and Family Therapy; Master of Social Work, Master of Science in Educational Psychology; Master of Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology; Master of Science in Health Psychology; Master of Science in Forensic Psychology and the Master of Science in Industrial Organizational Psychology.

Oregon Office of Degree Authorization
3225 25th Street SE
Salem, Oregon 97302
(503) 373-0003

Pennsylvania Bureau of Postsecondary and Adult Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126
(717) 783-8228

Northcentral University has registered in Pennsylvania as an out-of-state distance education provider.

Rhode Island Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner
560 Jefferson Boulevard,
Suite 200
Warwick, RI 02886

State of Michigan
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Hartford, CT 06103-1841
P.O. Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909

Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Academic Quality and Workforce Division
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 12788

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 30 South, Second Floor
Box 146704
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6704
(801) 530-6601
Northcentral University has met the requirements of Utah Code Ann. 13-34a-204 to be a registered postsecondary school required under 34 C.F.R. 600-9.

Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way SW
Olympia, WA 98504-3430
(360) 753-7800

Northcentral University is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Northcentral University to offer field placement components for specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Boulevard East, Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 558-2101

Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
4822 Madison Yards Way
Madison, Wisconsin 53705
(608) 266-2112

Wyoming Department of Education Private School Licensing
122 W. 25th St.; Suite E200
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0050
(307) 777-7670

Northcentral University is pending approval in the following:

Northcentral University is exempt from licensure in the following states:

North Dakota

Northcentral is not required to seek authorization in the following states due to lack of physical presence:

New Jersey
South Carolina
South Dakota

Northcentral University is not regulated in Texas by the Texas Workforce Commission under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.