National University and Northcentral University have merged. Learn more.
Request Info

Certified Electronic Credential Frequently Asked Questions

CeCredential Trust provides additional FAQs on their website.

Where do I go to get access to my Certified Electronic Diploma?

Graduates can obtain their CeDiploma through the NCU portal which creates a personalized link to CeCredential Trust, a third-party vendor of the University.

I graduated before February 2021, can I obtain a Certified Electronic Diploma?

Currently CeD’s are only available for NCU graduates who were conferred February 2021 and beyond.

Can I download the Certified Electronic Diploma? Can I send it via email to others?

Yes, digitally signed CeDiplomas can be downloaded and be sent via email. CeDiplomas will retain the Digital Signature and CeDiD for validation purposes.

How do I know if the Certified Electronic Diploma I received is valid?

There are two ways to validate an electronic diploma. (This also is noted on the second page of the diploma.)

  1. Validate through the University website, NCU validation portal by clicking the link on the second page of the CeDiploma and typing the necessary information where indicated.
  2. Users of Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher will be able to view the Digital Signature which is shown at the top of the PDF, and is part of the overall security of the document. If the Digital Signature shows a Blue Ribbon it means that document has not been tampered with; any other symbol signifies the document cannot be trusted.
  3. Please note: Other PDF/digital readers and some mobile devices may not be able to show the Digital Signature/Blue Ribbon.

Why does the certificate used to digitally sign the documents say CeCredential Trust?

CeCredential Trust is the branded name of the digital signature that the Northcentral University’s vendor uses to digitally sign all CeDiplomas.

I am using a web browser to open the PDF but it will not open properly.

The CeDiploma is best viewed in Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Some features may not be available when viewed in a web browser’s default viewer. Please change the default viewer in the web browser so that it utilizes Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

I have a hold on my record. Can I receive my Certified Electronic Diploma?

Requests from current or former students with unmet financial obligations to the University (e.g., holds) cannot be honored. To resolve financial holds, first contact Student Fiscal Ops.

*for additional FAQ’s please visit hyperlink: