It’s that time when we look forward to all the possibilities of a new year. Consider these steps to better yourself, both physically and mentally. Think how you can work to help make the world a better place (or at least your world). Remember, it doesn’t matter what’s happened in your past; that’s already history. It time to think anew to renew.
- Get out of your rut. One small improvement today will make tomorrow better than yesterday.
- Learn something new every day just so you can say, “You learn something new every day.”
- Volunteer for a cause that truly means something to you.
- Vote in every election.
- Learn to meditate. Breathe deeply and center yourself for the coming day.
- Carpool or take the bus once a week.
- Read more. Watch TV less.
- Eat twice as many vegetables and half as much meat.
- Walk more. Sit less.
- Expand your comfort zone. Try new things.
- Do what is right every time, even if it is less expeditious.
- Accomplish something each day so you can go to sleep with a feeling of accomplishment.
- Change your focus. Sharpen your mind.
- Sing out loud. Complain in silence.
- And finally, get your degree at NCU to become the best you that the world has ever seen.
See our blog on time management skills for studying during the holidays. It contains ideas that can help you stay on track for the entire year, too.