If you work in the field of education, you know that it is a tool that can be used to empower those who choose it. And when you teach or lead students at any level, they become empowered with the information they need to become happy, successful adults. Not only is education an empowering tool for your students, but a commitment to life-long learning through the pursuit of an advanced degree can empower YOU to control the direction you want your career to take and expand your own influence in changing and empowering lives through the power of education.
Here is a quick list of ways you can empower your students in the classroom.
1. Help students find their passion
2. Recognize students who participate and share their thoughts
3. Personalize lessons and make them relevant
4. Encourage debate and expression of ideas and opinions
5. Brainstorm with students
6. Have patience
7. Help students determine what they want and find their passion
8. Practice empathy and resilience
9. Promote leadership and explore different forms of it
10. Helps students problem solve, analyze and research issues and ideas
For more tips on how to empower students in the classroom, teachthought.com offers a comprehensive list of 50 Ways to Empower Students in a Connected World.
If you’re interested in looking for new ways to empower yourself, check out some of the programs NCU’s School of Education offers or call 844-628-7309 to speak to an enrollment advisor to discuss your educational goals and a program that is right for your career aspirations.