PLANNING AND INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OPIE) oversees the collection, aggregation, analysis, and reporting of institutional data, information, and knowledge.
OPIE is primarily responsible for monitoring and reporting indicators of institutional effectiveness and student outcomes.
OPIE comprises the Office of Institutional Research (IR) and the Office of Institutional Assessment (IA). These offices are charged with official research and evaluation to officially monitor institutional structures and processes directly supporting improvement, effectiveness, and accreditation.
Mission: OPIE provides measurable and meaningful assessment and research services that inform the improvement of student learning and institutional performance.
Vision: OPIE will be the catalyst and primary support for the development of an institutional culture dedicated to measurable and meaningful outcomes.
The OPIE Team
- Supports student learning
- Advances the institution through research and evaluation
- Provides information and knowledge for data-driven decisions
- Works closely with institutional leadership and various internal and external constituencies
- Supports a research agenda to facilitate a culture of data-driven decision-making
- Conducts research to inform decisions and develop best practices
- Functions as the repository for institutional knowledge
- Values integrity, excellence, quality, accountability, objectivity and evidence
Selected OPIE Projects:
- Policy Development, Budgeting, Planning, and Accreditation Support
- Academic Metrics
- Noel-Levitz Priorities for Online Learners (PSOL) Survey
- Assessment Committee Support
- Student and Faculty Post-Course Survey
- Doctoral Benchmarking Alliance
- Gallup Alumni Survey
- Dissertation Quality of Learning Assessment