The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research guides the assessment of student learning and advances the institution through research and evaluation as well as providing information and knowledge for data-driven decisions. Through the institutional research function, the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research Team works closely with institutional leadership and various internal and external constituencies to develop and implement a research agenda that facilitates a culture of data-driven decision-making within the university. The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research values integrity, excellence, quality, accountability, objectivity and evidence, and conducts research to inform decisions, develop best practices and function as the repository for institutional knowledge.
Institutional Review Board
The primary function of the Northcentral University’s (NCU) Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to safeguard the rights and welfare of all those who participate in research sponsored by NCU or performed at NCU. The IRB operates according to Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 46. The responsibilities of the NCU Institutional Review Board include the following:
- Reviewing all research activities at Northcentral University that include human subjects
- Developing procedural and administrative policies that deal with human subjects protections
- Providing training and educational resources related to human subject protections
- Providing administration of the functions of the Institutional Review Board
- Reviewing, approving and monitoring all research involving human participants