Military Admissions

Translate your training to academic credit.

We work with the American Council on Education (ACE), the U.S. Department of Defense and individual branches of the military to translate your military training and experience into academic credit.

Instructions for requesting official transcripts from each military branch follow. Because transcript systems of the Armed Forces are not linked and/or cross-referenced, we recommend that you request an official transcript from each service branch in which you served.

U.S. Air Force

The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) provides transcripts detailing ACE recommended credits. Please follow the applicable instructions to order an official copy and have it mailed directly to Northcentral. Transcripts are generally received from the CCAF within 14 days.

(Note: CCAF provides transcripts for all Air Force military training and experience, even if you did not attend classes at CCAF.)

U.S. Army

ACE recommended credits are included in your AARTS transcript. Proceed to the secure Web site, then select the Official Transcripts option. Processing normally takes a few days.

U.S. Coast Guard

ACE-recommended credits must be obtained through the Coast Guard Institute (CGI). To request your transcripts, you must complete and sign the required form(s). Be sure to include Northcentrals name and address to ensure that we receive your official transcript by mail.

U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps

ACE-recommended credits are included in your SMART transcript and can also be requested by mail. Select and print the Official SMART Request Form and mail to the address provided on the form. To expedite requests, choose the electronic process under the Active Duty/Reserve link. Please be sure to select the option that allows Northcentral permission to download your official transcript through the Internet. The process will only take a few days.


An official transcript must be requested from Thomson Prometric to receive academic credit for experiential learning tested through DANTES, DSST, or CLEP. Select the applicable links, then print the transcript request form(s) found on the Prometric Web site. You may also wish to visit the Department of Defense's Voluntary Education Web site.

Department of Defense Tools

In the interest of our students we provide links to tools provided by the Department of Defense to assist service members to make informed decisions in their educational journey.

If you have problems accessing the above links, or need assistance completing any of the required forms, please contact your Enrollment Advisor at 866-776-0331.