Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
DO IT TODAY — MOVE FORWARD AND EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS WITH A MASTER’S IN MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPY
Northcentral University’s Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) program will help you develop key skills and facilitate the personal and professional growth needed for effective practice in the field of marriage and family therapy. In our marriage and family therapy master’s degree, you will gain rigorous training and coursework to help you develop into a competent, ethical, culturally-sensitive and licensable marriage and family therapist who will make a difference in the communities where you live and work — while gaining a wealth of experience from your mentoring professors.
NCU’s MAMFT is the first and only distance-based master’s-level marriage and family therapy program to earn the highly-coveted COAMFTE accreditation. While Marriage & Family Sciences courses are primarily online, you will complete your required face-to-face clinical training (practicum) and nine-month internship in your local community.
No other university can match NCU’s uniquely flexible approach to earning your MAMFT online, which includes weekly course starts to fit your schedule. Featuring NCU’s mentoring approach, you’ll experience one-to-one, individualized interaction with our professionally-seasoned professors, all of whom hold doctoral degrees. NCU’s masters in marriage and family therapy has no GRE or GMAT exam requirement, which can be time-consuming and costly.
NCU is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who seeks a world-class education. No matter where you live, by enrolling to earn your marriage and family therapy master’s degree at NCU, you’ll join a vast network of professionals who are making a difference around the world.
James Billings, PhD, Dean, Marriage and Family Sciences
“Northcentral University’s Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) degree is currently the only MAMFT without a residency requirement, so it provides an accessible opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited degree wherever a candidate might reside. Despite that unparalleled flexibility, this quality program is led by our highly-credentialed faculty who all hold doctoral degrees and have significant experience in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT). More than 95% maintain an MFT license and remain clinically active. The NCU MAMFT is focused on helping clinical professionals stay within their local communities and enhance the presence of systemic behavioral health providers in their communities and within their profession.”
Built around you.
- Weekly course starts to fit your busy schedule
- Distance-based* coursework for your MAMFT so you can pursue your degree anytime, anywhere
- No residency requirements; no need to travel to a physical campus
- No entrance exams; only your transcripts are required
- 45-credit program
Courses are taught by professors, who all hold doctoral degrees, so you learn from seasoned professionals in your field of study.
- WASC accredited; the same regional accreditation as other prestigious institutions in America
- COAMFTE accredited; many employers require applicants to have a degree from a COAMFTE accredited program
- One-to-one mentoring approach where professors focus on you
- Excellent university resources to support your success now and in the future
NCU is perfect for self-starters like you.
- No group classes or projects to interfere with your schedule
- You determine your schedule
At NCU, our distance-based Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy programs are designed to make earning your degree possible despite life’s challenges. At NCU, your pace and growth aren’t dictated by anyone else; they’re dictated by you.
Contact us today and let us help you achieve your career goals with a marriage and family therapy master’s degree from Northcentral University!
Northcentral University currently offers masters in marriage and family therapy in eight in-demand specializations.
* Marriage & Family Sciences courses are primarily online, however, practicum/ internships/clinical supervision activities include traditional engagement in the communities in which our students live.