Wayne Perry, PhD
Areas of Expertise:
- Adlerian therapy
- MFT supervision, especially online supervision
- Professional identity development
- Ph.D., Amridge University
- D. Min., Emory University
- Post-Master’s Certificate in M.F.T., Valdosta State University
- Master of Divinity, Wesley Theological Seminary
- Education for responsibility: A chaplain’s role in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
- Constructing professional identity through an online community: Distance supervision in a graduate counseling and a graduate marriage and family therapy program.
- Learning to talk sheep: Understanding those you lead, Cleveland: Pilgrim Press (2009)
- Basic counseling techniques: A beginning therapist’s toolkit (2nd Ed.), Bloomington, IN: Author House (2008)
- Constructing professional identity in an online graduate clinical training program: Possibilities for online supervision, Journal of Systemic Therapies, (2012)
- Marks of an excellent congregation: A grounded theory study of 15 United Methodist congregations, Amridge University Press (2013)
- Stories that hurt and stories that heal: A phenomenological investigation of healing after an affair, Sacred Spaces, (2009)
Selected Professional Experience:
- Alabama Division President, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Full Professor and Clinical Training Director, Amridge University
- Fellow, American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Chaplain, United States Air Force; Graduated with distinction from the USAF Air War College.
- Site Visitor, Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)
- Site Visitor, Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS).
- Peer reviewer, Journal of Contemporary Family Therapy