Barbara D'Elia, PhD
Areas of Expertise:
- Curriculum development
- Student success
- International psychology
- Multicultural understanding
- Prison reform
- Ph.D., Psychology, United States International University
- M.A., Psychology, University of West Georgia
- B.A., Psychology, Duquesne University
Self-actualization in working and non-working mothers of young children
- “Essential learning skills: Enabling success for today’s online students,” L&T Conference, Effat University, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2013 (Winner, best of conference paper)
- “Feminism and the Islamic concept of woman,” International Conference, Social Development Organization, Kuwait, 2000.
- “Globalization and the Family,” International conference, Tehran, Iran 2005
- “Continuing education for women: Prospects and possibilities,” Journal of Continuing Education, 1995
- Pioneered development of mental health centers and university counseling centers in the Middle East region.
- More than 30 years of experience teaching psychology at universities and colleges in the Middle East; prison reform; consultation to schools, medical organizations, police, fire fighters, government, and civic organizations.